Prairieland Collegiate Cougar Scholarship
Each school year, P.I.E.C.E. will award two annual scholarships of $500 each to assist two graduating McLean County seniors in furthering their education at a college, vocational school, or technical apprenticeship. The selected students must have been Prairieland graduates. Consideration will be given to students who demonstrate high academic achievement, have a record of involvement in school and community activities, and complete the application’s written essay.
P.I.E.C.E. will establish a scholarship fund and contribute yearly to the account. As funding is available, the amount may be increased or decreased. Other donations toward the scholarship fund can be accepted into the account.
Any McLean County graduating senior that has plans to go directly to college, vocational school, or apprenticeship is eligible. Applications will be available online and at Prairieland.
Application information will consist of:
- Name, address, years/grades attended Prairieland
- Grade point average
- Post high school educational intentions
- Involvement in school and community activities
- Letter of recommendation from teacher, guidance counselor, coach, supervisor, or principal
- Written essay from student on how the elementary school experience at Prairieland influenced his or her academic career and how it has helped him or her prepare for future endeavors
A Scholarship Selection Committee consisting of the P.I.E.C.E. President, the Prairieland Principal, and two P.I.E.C.E. members will be established each year to review applications.
Application deadline is April 8, 2019 and will be set annually by the Selection Committee. The Committee has the right to refuse to award the scholarships if there are no applications submitted, or if an applicant does not meet the qualifications.
The first scholarship was awarded to a student in the class of 2006.
The recipients of the scholarships will be recognized at the final P.I.E.C.E. meeting of the year in May.